- Open the "quick release" lever on the steering column. Extend the handlebar to the desired height. Close the "quick release" lever to lock the handlebar in place.
- Turn the scooter upside down (or at least angle it in the upside-down direction) in order to relieve the pressure on the latch mechanism. Be sure the brake cable is not hooked under the (optional) fender brake, which could prevent unfolding.
- Depress the black button located on the underside of the scooter near the main pivot to release the QuickClick™ latch.
- Unfold the scooter and listen for the click sound indicating the latch is secured in the riding position.
- With the scooter on the ground, depress the QuickClick™ latch button with your thumb or toe. You may need to press the handlebar forward a little bit to relieve the pressure on the latch and allow you to depress the button.
- Fold the scooter, paying careful attention that the front wheel is perfectly straight so that it can nest properly within the opening in the frame near the pivot. If you sense resistance to folding, the front wheel is probably not straight and therefore bumping up against the frame.
- Optional: Open the "quick release" lever on the steering column. Lower the handlebar into the steering column. Close the "quick release" lever to lock the handlebar in place.
If you have an old-style "pin" latch, instructions are in this legacy user manual.